These terms and conditions (which may be modified from time to time) are applicable to all direct and available online services, through any mobile device, by email or by telephone. By accessing, browsing and using our website (mobile) or any of our applications available through platforms (hereinafter, collectively referred to as “the website”) and / or making a purchase or reservation, you agree to have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions shown below (including the fragment regarding privacy).
These pages, their content, structure, infrastructure and the online booking service they provide through the website belong to and are managed and provided by the Jatun Sacha Foundation and are made available only for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the terms and conditions specified below.
“Jatun Sacha Foundation”, “we”, “us” or “our” refers to the Jatun Sacha Foundation, is an Ecuadorian nongovernmental, non profit, private organization. It was established in 1989 by Ministerial Agreement No. 270 from the Ministry of Agriculture, published in the Official Record No. 238 on July 21st 1989.
“Platform” is the website (mobile) where the Service is available, owned, controlled, managed, maintained and / or hosted by the Jatun Sacha Foundation.
“Service” refers to the online booking service (including the facilitation of payments) of various products and services that are published on the Platform from time to time.
2. Scope of our service
Our Service is available only for personal and non-commercial use. Therefore, it is not allowed to resell, perform deep-links, use, copy, monitor (for example, spider, scrape), display, download or reproduce content, information, software, reservations, entries, products or the services available on our Platform for any activity or commercial or competitive purpose.
3. Prices, crossed out rates and guaranteed minimum price
The prices that appear in our Platform are very competitive. All prices are shown with VAT / sales tax included and any other taxes (subject to changes of such taxes), unless otherwise indicated on our Platform or in the confirmation email / e-mail.
Sometimes, in our Platform there is a cheaper rate for a specific service, product or stay. However, these rates may include restrictions and special conditions, for example, regarding cancellation and reimbursement. Check the data and conditions of the reservation, the service or corresponding product in a thorough way to know the conditions before making the reservation.
The exchange of coins only has informative value. It does not show an accurate or updated amount, since the exchange rates vary at the moment
Obvious errors (errata included) are not binding.
All special offers and promotions are marked as such.
4. Privacy and cookies
5. Conditions for volunteers
- Volunteers should pay their own expenses in Ecuador, including flight ticket to/from Ecuador and living expenses during their stay in the country.
- Volunteers should pay a fee for applying for the program plus a program fee based on the number of weeks they are volunteering. The program fee includes three meals daily in the reserve, accommodation in cabins, coordination, organization and support of their activities before and during their stay at the station.
- Payments must be made before entering the reserve, during an orientation meeting with the Program Coordinator in the Office of Jatun Sacha in Quito.
- Volunteers should have their own insurance and it is required to sign a certificate that releases the Jatun Sacha Foundation of any responsibility for illness or accident in Ecuador.
- The minimum duration for volunteers is 2 weeks. A visa is required if the volunteer wants to stay for more than 90 days in Ecuador.
- The day of volunteer work is 8 hours, 22 days per month, volunteers will have 8 days of vacation per month.
- A college degree is not required to be approved by the Volunteer Program. Potential volunteers should be interested in topics about conservation, biodiversity, ecology and nature.
- For biological stations like Congal and Bilsa, the volunteers must provide their own preventive medical treatment for diseases like malaria, while performing their volunteer work at those stations.
- Volunteers need an average of $ 20 per week to cover additional expenses such as drinks, community visits, mail etc. Please take notes of small denominations ($ 5 USD or less).
Days of admission to the stations:
- Bilsa: every day.
- Guandera: every day.
- Jatun Sacha: Monday.
- Congal: Monday through Thursday
- San Cristóbal: every Monday and Wednesday.
What to bring?
- Rubber boots, rain gear and a flashlight are the most important tools to bring. Other items include: blankets or sleeping bags, insect repellent, sunscreen, water bottle, bathing suit, knife, sunglasses, plastic bags (ziplock), and binoculars. Due to wet conditions for most of the seasons, light clothes are recommended, which can dry out easily. For Guandera Biological Station, warmer clothing is recommended due to cold temperatures at night.
Please consult the Volunteer Program Coordinator (email@example.com) before booking your flight. By doing so you help us to organize your stay according to your needs!
6. Credit card or bank transfer
The payment is processed securely directly from your credit / debit card or from your account to our account.
In the case of some (non-refundable) rates or special offers, payment may be required in advance by bank transfer (if available) or by credit card. In that case, your credit card may be pre-authorized or you may be charged (sometimes without refund option) once the reservation is made. Please, check carefully the data (of the reservation) of the product or service of your choice to know the special conditions before making the reservation.
In case of fraud or unauthorized use of the credit card by third parties, most banks and credit card companies cover all expenses resulting from such fraud or misuse, which can sometimes be subject to an amount deductible. In case the company issuing the credit card or the bank charges a deductible amount due to unauthorized transactions resulting from a reservation made in our Platform, it is directly responsible for it, without being responsible for paying that amount.
Report this fraud to the company issuing your credit card (according to its rules and information procedures) and contact us immediately by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the mail subject, write “credit card fraud” and provide proof of the charge of the deductible amount (eg, policy of the issuing company of the credit card), in order to support your claim with the issuer of your credit card. credit card. Fundación Jatun Sacha is not responsible directly or indirectly for these cases.
7. Correspondence and communication (additional)
In order to complete and secure your reservation properly, you need to use a correct e-mail address. We are not responsible for (nor have any obligation to verify) any error or misspelling in the e-mail address or any phone number (mobile) or credit card number that is inaccurate or inaccurate.
Any complaint or claim against Fundación Jatun Sacha or regarding the Service provided must be made immediately, or at most, within 30 days after the expected date of consumption of the product or service (for example, the date of departure). ), according to consumer law. Any complaint or claim sent outside the 30 day period may be rejected and the claimant loses all rights to any type of compensation (for damage or cost).
Due to continuous updates and adjustments to rates and availability, we strongly recommend taking screenshots when making a reservation in order to support your argument (if necessary).
Subject to the limitations indicated in these terms and conditions, and to the extent permitted by law, we are only liable for direct damages suffered, paid or contracted due to defects attributable to our obligations in reference to our services, up to a total amount of the total cost of your reservation, as indicated in the confirmation email (either by an event or by a series of events).
However, and to the extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our directors, employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, affiliates, licensees, attorneys or other persons involved in the creation, sponsorship process and promotion of the website and its contents will be responsible for: (i) punitive, special, indirect or consequential losses or damages, production losses, profits, revenues, contracts, as well as loss or damage of customers or reputation and losses of demands; (ii) losses, damages or costs (direct, indirect, consequential or punitive) that You suffer, incur or pay, arising or relating to the use, unavailability or delay of our Platform.
9. Intellectual property rights
Unless stated otherwise, the software necessary for our services or available or used by our Platform and the intellectual property rights (including copyrights) of the content and information, as well as the material of our Platform belong to Your World.
Jatun Sacha Foundation reserves exclusive ownership of all rights, title and interest in (all intellectual property rights of) (the appearance (including infrastructure) of) the Platform where the service is available (including customer comments) and the translated content), and you have no right to copy, collect, link to, publish, promote, sell, integrate, use, combine or use the content (including translations and customer comments) or our brand without permission in writing our. To the extent that you want to use (completely or partially) our content (translated) (including customer comments) or own any intellectual property rights of the Platform or any content (translated) or customer comments, by the present, transfer and assign all intellectual property rights to the Jatun Sacha Foundation. Any type of misuse or any type of action or behavior previously mentioned will constitute an infringement of our intellectual property rights (including copyright and database right).
To the extent permitted by law, these terms and conditions and the provision of our services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Ecuadorian law, and any dispute arising from these general terms and conditions or by our services shall be presented only the competent courts of the city of Quito.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid or non-binding, you will still be bound by the other provisions mentioned. If this occurs, the invalid provision must be fulfilled to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and, as far as possible, an effect similar to that of invalid or non-binding provisions will be accepted, according to the content and purpose of these terms and terms.