Volunteers contribute to the goals of the Station Guandera, which are:
- Retain part of the last remnants of cloud forest interandino.
- Conduct scientific research.
- Collaborate in community development.
- Environmental education activities.
- Promote organic agriculture.
How can you help us?
Ecuatorian Andes Conservation:
- Center for Plant Conservation Andean: Volunteers participate in forestry experimental Andean trees, phenology, seed collection, agroforestry and reforestation.
- Maintenance and expansion of the botanical garden featuring Andean: orchids, medicinal plants, ferns, mushrooms, spices, and flowers native guandera.
- Andean fruit planting.
- Andean tubers organic garden to practice organic farming techniques and share this experience with local communities. You must prepare the soil, plant seeds, harvest and do maintenance of the garden.
- Experimental Farms organic vegetables and legumes and agroforestry practices with the community.
- Elaboración de plaguicidas e insecticidas orgánicos.
Research in the high Andean forest and paramo:
- Natural regeneration project tree Guandera.
- Study of flowering and fruiting times of nine species.
- Activities associated with biological inventories (especially of flora and birds) on the trails of the reserve and herbarium collections.
- Taking data from the meteorological station.
- Assistance in research projects.
- Native guinea pig tank.
- Project to develop handicrafts in wood which represents the biodiversity of flora and fauna in the forest.
- Maintenance and development of the reserve: design of trails, making signs, guidance to visitors to the reserve.
- Once a week participating in the development of organic agriculture with local farmers, using clean methods of planting, spraying and harvesting of crops typical Andean.
- Environmental education program for children, youth and adults in the community of Mariscal Sucre.
- Teaching English or other curriculum materials to elementary school children in the community.
- Spanish lessons, dance classes, and meetings in a friendly atmosphere with a fireplace to talk about our country, our culture, our people and our nature.
- Ecological tourism in the province of Carchi.
× ¡¡Visit Guandera station and get a 20% discount if they are 2 people at once, and a 25% discount for groups of 3 people or more! Places are limited by season.